Friday, June 27, 2014

My Running Essentials


{Armband for iPhone / Nike Flyknit Lunar2 / Running Socks / Headband}


For the past year, I have made an effort to go running, or do some type of cardiovascular exercise every day. Now that the weather has warmed up, I have begun to run outside on a path near my house. I usually run 4+ miles each day, and when I don't run outside, I run on my treadmill. I used to absolutely hate running. I grew up as a competitive gymnast, and that was my exercise. Due to an injury, I am no longer able to do gymnastics as rigorously as I used to, so I began to run. Now that I have been running regularly for about a year, I love it. My runs are usually one of my favorite parts of the day. It keeps endorphins flowing and is a great way to de-stress. 

I always listen to music while I run, so an iPhone armband and earbuds are a must! I recently got a pair of Nike Flyknit Lunar2 running shoes to replace my old Nikes, and these are my absolutely favorite. They are more minimal, but still have great support and are extremely comfortable. Lululemon headbands are my favorite to keep my hair out of my face during my runs; they are definitely worth the price! I recently bought myself a Fitbit Flex, which I will be doing a separate post on soon. It has been a great way to monitor my running and sleep schedule!

What are some of your exercise essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment