Thursday, October 10, 2013

Becoming a Better Runner



For the past few months I have gotten in the routine of running everyday. I am not going to lie, I haven't always been such an avid runner, I used to despise running. While on vacation this past summer I decided to give it a go, and now I love running! Usually, I run on my treadmill but I will occasionally run outside if the weather is nice! At first it wasn't so great, but now that I have my systematic way of running, it has become another part of my life. Here are some of my tips on becoming a runner...



1. Wear good socks- This first tip may seem a little strange, but I have found that good socks make a world of a difference! These Asics socks are my favorite.



2. Wear supportive running shoes- Next, of course, is having supportive running shoes! Good shoes help to protect from injury. Nike is my favorite brand for running shoes. I just recently bought these Nike Air Relentless 2 running shoes, and I love them so far! I literally ran straight through the soles of my old Nikes, so it was time for a new pair!





3. Listen to upbeat music- Running to fast paced music will help keep you motivated and set your pace for running! Pandora Radio has some great fitness stations for working out!




4. Keep your body hydrated- Staying hydrated before, during and after working out is essential to your health. My favorite water bottle to use while working out is the Camelback Eddy Water Bottle

5. Stay motivated- Many people have a hard time staying motivated to work out. Personally, running makes me feel a whole lot better after a stressful day, and keeps me fit! Just remind yourself of all of benefits and stay motivated!


No comments:

Post a Comment