Saturday, October 19, 2013

Carrot Cake Recipe










Some of you may know that I am a very avid baker. I hope to someday open up my own bakery in my later years of life. I hadn't done a baking post in quite some time, so I figured why not?! My Dad's birthday was this past week, and he is a carrot cake lover. It came out quite well, and he even went as far as to say this was the best carrot cake he has ever tasted!

Carrot Cake:
  • 4 eggs
  • ¾ cup vegetable oil
  • ½ cup applesauce
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2½ tsp vanilla
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp nutmeg
  • 3 cup grated carrots 
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • 8 oz can crushed pineapple 
Frosting:
  • ½ cup butter
  • 16 oz powdered sugar
  • 12 oz cream cheese
  • 2 tsp vanilla

Start out by preheating the oven to 350, and greasing two 9 inch pans

To make the cake:
  1. Beat eggs, oil, applesauce, both sugars and vanilla in a large bowl
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a smaller bowl
  3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
  4. Add carrots, pecans and pineapple
Divide the cake batter among the two pans, and bake for 30 minutes

To make the frosting:
  1.  Beat all ingredients until smooth and sweet
 Once the cake is finished and completely cooled, add frosting

Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see your rendition of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment