Saturday, January 18, 2014

Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe





I was lucky enough to have a few hours to spend baking today. Baking is very time consuming, but relaxing for me. I hope to {one day} have my own baking business after my medical days are over.  I decided to try out a new yellow cake recipe, and make peanut butter frosting topped with chocolate sprinkles. The cake recipe made the perfect amount of batter {enough for 24 cupcakes}, and was relatively simple to make. The peanut butter frosting is rich and extremely good.


Yellow Cake Recipe:

Ingredients-
  • 1 and 3/4 cups of flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 sticks of butter
Pre-heat oven to 350. Combine butter, milk, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk together. In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix thoroughly. Spoon the cake batter into cupcake tins, and bake for 15 minutes.

Peanut Butter Frosting:

Ingredients- 
  • 3/4 cup of peanut butter
  • 4 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 4 tablespoons of milk
Combine all ingredients with a mixer. Wait until the cupcakes are completely cool to frost them. I like to use piping bags and tips to frost my cupcakes.

What is your favorite cupcake recipe?

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I might try it out!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete