Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sweet Georgia Peach











I spent this past weekend (Friday-Monday) traveling through South Carolina and Georgia to make my college decision. I had a really good time with my family. The weather was beautiful for the most part (upper 50s and 60s) which is much, much, much warmer than it is back home. The South truly is a beautiful place, and I could not be more excited to be able to call it my future home. 

While in Athens, I came across some great places to eat and shop. My favorite was Mama's Boy. Wow. It had been recommended to us by multiple people that we had met in town, and they were right, it was fantastic. It is true "Southern" food. The breakfast options were lengthy, and all sounded fantastic, but the biscuit was definitely one of the best things I have ever eaten. I also stumbled upon the famous Red Dress Boutique and bought a really cute dress for spring. The store was adorable and the girls working were very nice. My last favorite from Athens is Insomnia Cookies. This cookie bakery serves warm freshly-baked cookies from 7 AM until 3 AM, and they were absolutely delicious.

I ended up absolutely falling in love with the University of Georgia. The town of Athens has so much character, and I definitely felt at home. My major, which will be genetics, is developed at UGA and will provide me with lots of great opportunities and background before medical school. I am also planning on rushing in the fall, and the sororities (and their houses) at UGA are phenomenal. The campus itself is beautiful and the student life seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I am proud to say that I will be a Georgia Dawg!


No comments:

Post a Comment